To Do List, Accounta-Buddy Style

Hello friends!

It’s Sunday afternoon and I am feeling a very strong urge to make this coming week unbelievably productive.

Last week felt like a total loss. With my competition on Sunday, all my usual Sunday activities got pushed to Monday. Plus I drove to Raleigh twice to look at houses. Plus I drove to Virginia Beach on Thursday to attend my dad’s retirement lunch. Plus Leon’s car has been in the shop so I did a lot of chauffeuring him around. Plus I barely worked out and ate like crap. So essentially I spent most of last week living out of my car and not doing work or anything healthy.

Luckily, though, there’s nothing quite like eating lunch with some corporate big wigs to get my ass in gear (professionally speaking). Spending all day Saturday sipping on mimosas and taking dumb selfies also helped with the motivation because after such a completely unproductive day my natural inclination towards balance kicked in and now I want to do everything!

drinking mimosas
Why is my glass empty...again?
In an attempt to make this week count I’m turning all of you into my accounta-buddies. (That’s a cutesy term that my brother taught me for accountability buddies.) Below you’ll find my To Do list for the week. I’ll report back at the end of the week on how I did. But unlike my brother and his accounta-buddy, if I don’t complete a task I don’t except you to tweet at Nicole Curtis that I failed and make me retweet it.

If you feel compelled to tweet at Michelle Obama about my shortcomings, though, you are more than welcome to. Just remember to use #MakingMoves so Michelle knows that it’s a concerted effort.

get shit done list, to do list
Week of February 1
  • Make a plan for moving (depending on the outcome of the lease application we put in on Friday)
  • Apply for a bunch of jobs
  • Finish my Hubspot Inbound Marketing certification
  • Workout 5 times, including leading yoga for my Crossfit friends on Thursday
  • Job interview on Wednesday, including all the pre-interview research
  • Write and post the next post in my SMART Goals series
  • Dust all the weird places in my house that I never think to dust, like the baseboard heaters and the fan blades and the tops of picture frames
  • Work on my budgeting spreadsheet, including getting Leon’s student loans figured out
  • Finalize the tent rentals for my wedding
  • Send my sister the plan for her flower girl outfit


So that’s my plan for the week. It is all very much within the realm of possibility as long as I don’t get lazy or distracted.

What’s on your To Do list this week, friends? This is the part where you share so I can be your accounta-buddy, not so that you can put items from your list onto mine.


Cheers, Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment