Happy Things for Friday: Selfies, Smoothies, and Showers

Hello friends!

Look! I didn’t abandon you again. Consider this me setting a precedent.

I had every intention of working on checking things off my list from last weekend, but I had kind of a crappy day, so instead I want to talk about wonderful things that make me happy.

  • This selfie.


I’ve been all about the selfies lately. Normally I do the duck face, but I was a little tipsy this night and really loving my hair, so I wanted to make a different face. And damn, I look cute!

Thanks to Pandora at work all day, every day I have discovered these three guys and I am really loving them. I find them especially helpful while writing strategy plans and Photoshopping my boss’ face.
  • My smoothie game!


Normally I weigh out all the ingredients for my smoothies as part of my Sunday food prep, but the battery in my food scale died, so I had to guestimate everything. Well, my guestimating was off, because I ended up with very, very green smoothies this week.


As a borderline crazy dog lady, these crack me up. My dogs have definitely made some of these shapes.
  • This whole situation.


I love this woman’s tattoos. I love this idea. I love yoga and have been doing it more lately, which makes me feel amazing.
  • My wedding shower.

Leon and I are having a co-ed shower in Macon, GA (my hometown) at the end of April, so I’ve been texting back and forth with my mom and maid of honor all week to plan it. It’s going to be so much fun and I am especially excited to see some of my Macon friends that I haven’t seen in forever, drink summery sangria in my mom’s amazing backyard, and buy a fun, bright dress.

Those are the things that are making me happy this week, despite the fact that I don’t have hot water. (Long story, don’t ask.)

What’s making you happy this week, friends?


Cheers, Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment